This guide is intended to be a general starting point for finding government publications and information. Browse through different types of resources using the tabs above.
What is Government Information?
- Reports, research papers and other documents created by a government agency
- Primarily published in electronic format; older print documents may be available
- Some government departments have searchable databases that may be not found using a search engine like Google
How to Find and Use Government Information.
- Paper documents are integrated into the collection and listed in the Library catalogue. Be sure to check the Library catalogue for a variety of publications on your subject.
- The databases and catalogues listed in the other tabs also list electronic government publications since many departments no longer print copies of their documents.
For general research help, go the Library's Research Process page. For help using the library catalogue, indexes, databases or other specific tools, see the Find Books and Find Articles pages.
Contact Trish Johns-Wilson if you have questions or require assistance.