Services and information
Safety and security
• Determine whether your invention is original or has already been patented
• Access information about the latest technologies which may not have been published in scholarly journals
• Access detailed descriptions and diagrams for millions of inventions
• Research patents registered by specific companies (for businesses, this could mean competitors)
• Manufacturers can search for licensing opportunities
Google Patents searches the USPTO, so your results will only be American patents.
This guide was created by Ontario Tech Libraries and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution International 4.0 License, except where otherwise noted.